Do you use Google My Business for your hair or beauty business?
If you do you’ll know it automatically displays your regular salon or spa opening hours.
But, with Christmas fast approaching your opening hours are probably different to normal over the next few weeks. More late-nights. Open on Sundays. And shut over the holiday itself.
New salon opening hours feature
Until now you couldn’t schedule these different opening hours in advance on Google My Business. So clients relying on the opening hours’ information displayed on Google My Business were not seeing the true picture. A quick route to disgruntled clients if ever I saw one.
Google, seeing this was a problem for businesses, has just announced a new feature for Google My Business allowing you to schedule your special holiday opening hours in advance.
The good news is that it’s really easy to do – I show you how below – and well worth doing now to save confusion later.
#SalonMarketing Tip: If you’re thinking you can’t be bothered, then think again. If you don’t log in and add your holiday hours Google will add a disclaimer to let customers know that your ‘hours might differ’ for that holiday. Confusing, at the very least, for salon clients.
Scheduling holiday opening hours on your salon Google My Business page
Adding your December and festive Christmas opening hours on Google My Business is straightforward. (Note: You must have already set normal opening hours on your Google My Business page to be able to add special holiday hours):
- Log-in to your Google My Business, and select “list view”. If you’re a salon or spa with more than one business location click the location that you want to set seasonal hours for from the list displayed.
- Now scroll down and click the “Special hours” section.
- Select the dates that have different hours to normal and enter your business opening and closing times for that day.
- If your salon is closed on day e.g. Friday 25th December then click the box next to “Closed”.
- Select “Add Another” to add more special hours for this location.
- When you’ve finished entering all of your salon holiday hours, click “Apply”. Your holiday hours will now appear to visitors to your Google My Business page only for the designated days.
Don’t forget your other salon marketing channels
While you’re doing Google My Business don’t forget to change your holidays on:
- Your social media channels
- Your salon website
- Display them on Reception
- Shout about them in your e-newsletter
Get the marketing message out there now so your extra openings are buzzing with clients. And everyone knows when you’re closed, and eating turkey.
It’s not just Christmas holiday hours…
Be organised. Don’t just stop at the festive holidays.
Pop a reminder on your salon marketing calendar now to schedule your other holiday opening hours in throughout the year.