Do you use Google My Business for your beauty, aesthetic or hair beauty business?
If you do you’ll know it automatically displays your regular salon, clinic or spa opening hours.
But, with Christmas fast approaching your opening hours are probably different to normal over the next few weeks.
More late-nights. Open on Sundays. And shut over the holiday itself.
Keep your Google My Business up to date
Showing the wrong business hours online won’t make you popular with clients who may want to pop in for a last minute gift card or stocking filler.
The good news is that it’s quick and easy to do – I show you how below with screen shots – and well worth doing now to save confusion later.
And if you’re thinking you can’t be bothered, then think again. If you don’t log in and add your holiday hours Google adds a disclaimer to let visitors know that your ‘hours might differ’ for that holiday. Confusing, at the very least, for your clients.
Change salon holiday opening hours on Google My Business
Adding your December and festive Christmas salon opening hours on Google My Business is straightforward.
You must have already set normal opening hours on your Google My Business page to be able to add special holiday hours. Now:
- Log-in to your Google My Business, and scroll down to the locations section. If you’re a salon or spa with more than one business location click the location that you want to set seasonal hours for from the list displayed.
- Click “info” in the sidebar to find your opening hours.
- Now scroll down and click the “Add special hours” section.
- Select the dates that have different hours to normal and enter your business opening and closing times for that day.
- If your salon is closed on the day e.g. Friday 25th December then click the “Open” toggle to change it to closed.
- Select “Add new date” to add more special hours for this location.
- When you’ve finished entering all of your salon holiday hours, click “Apply”. Your holiday hours will now appear to visitors to your Google My Business page only for the designated days.
Update your other salon marketing channels
While you’re changing Google My Business don’t forget to change your salon or spa holiday opening hours on:
- Your social media channels
- Your salon website
- Display them on Reception
- Shout about them in your e-newsletter
Get the marketing message out there now. So your extra appointments are buzzing with clients. And everyone knows when you’re closed, and eating turkey.
It’s not just Christmas holiday hours…
Be organised. Don’t just stop at the Christmas holidays.
Pop a reminder on your salon marketing calendar now to schedule your other holiday opening hours in throughout the year.